Thursday, March 1, 2007

Library Love


I just checked out this fabulous book from our library. Since having Abigail almost 2 years ago, I have rediscovered the library and all it's greatness. I'm not sure all libraries are like this, but I can go to their website and search for books in all sorts of wonderful categories. Then I can place a hold and within a short amount of time I get an email when the books are ready and waiting for me behind the counter. I can renew my items online, too. How fabulous is that? And, they have a drive-through where you can drop off or pick up your books although I try not to use it unless it's pouring out or Abigail is in some kind of rage. I also want to mention that the children's department has such a great learning environment~ besides books, there is a salt water fish tank, lots of kiddie chairs and a large play area.
So back to this book I checked out..I just got it today and I think I might have to buy it. (I buy most of my books from half.com.) Sharon Lovejoy writes all about fun children's gardens that seem fairly easy to create. She has ideas for those with large spaces for a garden or for those who can only do container gardening. In the very beginning she lists the top 20 garden plants for kids- one of them being Hollyhocks. Just so happens that I planted some seedlings a few weeks ago! She goes on to explain how to make your own little lantern~ fill a hollyhock flower with fireflies and seal it by weaving a stick through the flower. All her ideas and the font of the book is very fairy-esque. I can't wait to try out some of these gardens!

1 comment:

Shaheen said...

The title itself is awesome. I need to take a look at it.