Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Creme Patissiere

Jim decided to make home-made pudding yesterday morning for breakfast. The official name which sounds way more impressive is Creme Patissiere from the Joy of Cooking. The Joy of Cooking cookbook is one of the best cookbooks I've ever seen. It literally has every recipe I've ever looked for. And as you can see from the photo, we seem to use it often. So, back to the pudding...
He used vanilla paste, as opposed to extract, which must have millions of vanilla bean specks in every teaspoon.
Here Jim is cooking away--isn't he cute? I sure think so! He also added some mashed up banana when he was done. Let me tell you, that 'creme patissiere' was the best I ever had! Plus I just think food tastes better when someone else makes it.
Too bad Abi couldn't wait a little longer!

No comments: